9/13/2016

2016 Game Wishlist

I talk about video games on my channel, but most of them are anywhere between 2 months and 2 decades old. So what about new games? Well here are a few newbies that strike me right now that I want to gush about. These are only games that have been confirmed (not rumored or speculated) to come out before New Year's.

THE LAST GUARDIAN - December 6th

Not too many modern games strike me in general because they are too busy stroking each others' technical dicks or trying to appeal to an already established demographic to make a good or even remotely memorable game. The Last Guardian looks really cute and is from the same people who birthed Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, two of the most critically acclaimed games on PS2 and two of the most beloved indie games of all time. The Last Guardian seems to borrow puzzle elements from Ico and the graphical beauty and physical attention to detail from Shadow of the Colossus. I am still a bit fearful because I really didn't like Ico, but at the same time I love Shadow of the Colossus. Not too much of this game has been shown to speculate on yet, but I prefer it that way. I want to be immersed in the game's world upon actually playing it for myself, not just staring at the screen for fifteen hours saying "I remember that from the live stream!!!"

POKEMON SUN AND MOON - November 18th

Honestly, I 'm probably not going to get this on release day or anything, but I'm proud of Nintendo for allowing a bit of innovation in the stale line of Pokemon RPG's. However this could be another Pokemon X and Y scenario that it tries to hard to be innovative and ends up tripping over itself (mandatory roller skates, horrible 3D close-up controls in certain important areas, too much time focusing on a less-than-impressive plot, etc.) so I'm going to wait and see if it is really something to twist all my panties about. If it's simply the perfect RPG, I will buy panties to twist. I will admit, it looks much more impressive than I initially thought, but not enough to sway me to obsess over its existence.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 - December (unannounced numbered date)

I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan. Sorry. If you are too then you already know why this game is enticing. You may not be interested in it still, but you have to admit you see the appeal. Kingdom Hearts is like 70% plot-based... at least... and the plot of the "Xehanort Saga" is coming to an end in the upcoming (and often delayed) Kingdom Hearts III. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 follows in the footsteps of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (or whatever it's called) and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. Each compilation has three main titles on each... kind of. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 for example has a full HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts II, a full HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (originally only available on PSP), and all of the cutscenes from Re:Coded? Not really sure who asked for that but it follows the pattern of the first HD remaster pack (Kingdom Hearts I, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and all of the cutscenes from 358/2 Days). Kingdom Hearts 2.8 takes this one step further. First little treat: a full playable HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, which isn't even that old and was originally for 3DS, so a remaster of a recent game (and in my opinion, one of the best in the series). Second treat? A FULL NEW CHAPTER STARRING AQUA FROM BIRTH BY SLEEP. The third treat is just some cutscenes right? Well... it looks that way but they are new cutscenes! Not ripped from another game. What sold me wasn't the plot tie-in, because even though it is needed to understand III presumably, I can Google that later and save $60USD. The full playable new game starring Aqua looks beautiful... and I don't mind playing Dream Drop Distance again in full HD.



I want to say Kingdom Hearts III but it got delayed.

I MADE THIS LIST to say the Spectre Knight DLC for Shovel Knight because Spectre Knight is my favorite, but it wasn't confirmed.

That's what is on my radar. What are you excited to see come out before the end of the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment