12/20/2020

Stream Plans for 2021

 Despite Twitch's constant bullshit this year, they are still going to be my preferred choice of streaming platform for 2021. This is not because I'm already snug and set up there. It's because Twitch is still the best option. That's how bad it is.

tl;dr version:
- Don't know what I'm starting the year with but my primary stream series for the year is going to be a Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Diamond Version.
- I will be streaming Sonic games in June. If you have suggestions, let me know.
- I'm going to try to play some kind of spooky game in October, probably wrapping up with Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment at the end of October.
- We might be in for a Pokemon Ultra Sun Randomizer Nuzlocke depending on how I feel about that after the Diamond one. Ultra Sun might get pushed back to 2022.
- Other games (listed at the end)

In the case that I consistently stream throughout the year and don't lose my wrists to a goblin king,
Here's what we're doing:

Pokemon Diamond Nuzlocke

I might not start out the year with this one but this is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most. I was originally going to do a blind Nuzlocke of Ultra Sun but then I started playing Ultra Sun casually. I'm almost halfway through the game. As a kid, I actually never beat Diamond so now that I have a copy of it again, it will be fun to revisit it the brutal way. I want to finish editing the Pokemon Omega Ruby Nuzlocke series for Randomrings Let's Plays before I start this though. Although I will be streaming it, I am hoping to give my Diamond run a similar treatment to that of Omega Ruby.

As far as the actual run goes, I will not be using any form of Exp. Share. Most people would argue this makes the Diamond run my first "real Nuzlocke". I might add a few more rules to spice things up. I already have a list of clauses ready for the series. My only sources of external information will probably be a type chart, Twitch chat, and what little memory I have of Diamond (not a lot).

The stream schedule for this might be more inconsistent so I can finish it the fuck up. Omega Ruby, for example, took less than two months to finish recording but I wasn't streaming that one. With 3-5 hour streams once a week, it could take a month if I'm really lucky. Given the lack of Gen 6's overpowered Exp. Share system, I imagine this will take up a bit more time. I will still at least be doing it once a week if I can but don't be surprised if I stream Diamond more than once a week.

For those who didn't watch my let's play of Omega Ruby, I'll probably be voicing a good majority of the plot's dialogue. I don't remember a single character from Diamond except for... Dawn? Get ready to hear your favorite Gen 4 NPC's like you never wanted to imagine them before!

Sonic Month in June

June 23rd is the anniversary of the first Sonic game coming out. Since I have masochistically wasted so much time on that franchise throughout my life, I must sacrifice more. Might as well have fun with it and do it live. I don't know what I will play yet but for whatever streams I do in June, it will be of Sonic stuff. Not opposed to fan games but if I can't think of any I find immediately interesting, I'll just revisit old stuff I already have. Probably.

I'm always open to viewer/fan suggestions and I'm especially interested to see what people want for this one. If it's an official game, there's a good chance I already have it on my shelf.

Halloween Month

I will play some spooky stuff if I don't get sick of streaming and quit in October. This past Halloween was fun but kind of a shit-show overall. I'm hoping to allocate most of the month to one game and then maybe play Specter of Torment again, perhaps in a different mode or something, for the last stream of October.


Stuff I might stream:

Pokemon Ultra Sun Randomizer Nuzlocke

I have never done a randomizer of anything. I'm not sure to what extent I'm going to want my first randomizer to be randomized but I'm excited to try it out. I'm going to beat Ultra Sun normally first though. If I'm feeling up to streaming two Nuzlocke runs in the same year, I will. At the same time, I don't really want to be tied to the gimmick or seen as "that bitch who does Nuzlockes while he complains about Pokemon". We'll see how I feel about it. Might push this back to 2022. We'll see.

Final Fantasy IX
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PS3)
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Duck Dodgers starring Daffy Duck
Pulseman
Sonic Unleashed
Indie games that I think are cool
Let's be honest: I'm probably going to stream more Downwell at some point
I think the Scrap Story prequel comes out later this year???

twitch.tv/randomrings
Get fuckin' ready

'cuz one of us has to be