5/13/2021

The Queerness Saga Ep182: Face Goop

 There aren't 181 other episodes of this, I fucking lied to you all.

I just tried makeup for the first time ever. Unfortunately, I don't really like putting my face online in public spaces anymore. This is (probably) not for dysphoric reasons, I just don't particularly like doing it.

As of now, I get pretty bad beard shadow. My facial hair is fucking violent. I shaved around noon or so and just put on makeup around 7:15??? Close enough. So here are the results. And what I did. If you're reading this far, you probably have some passing interest or you're looking into something like this for yourself.

It has been about 45 minutes now and my beard hair decided to say "fuck you" and starting poking out a lot more than it did when I finished applying makeup. So there is a noticeable bit of darkness there or at the very least little hairs. However, it's still better than nothing to a point where I can tell. Makeup doesn't magically make your facial hair cower in fear at the idea of feminization and I knew that going in. Given that this was my first time and I haven't even ordered makeup brushes yet, I am pretty pleased with the results.

I ran some room temperature-ish water on my face and neck first because I had been out for a bit earlier. I wasn't filthy or actively sweating, I just thought that a bit of water would be better than sweat or some other gross thing I'm unaware of.
I used my CeraVe daily moisturizing lotion "for normal to dry skin" as a moisturizer. I've been using this stuff for a long time anyway. It's pretty great stuff. Works like magic as long as you use it consistently and it's non-comedogenic so it can be used as a moisturizer in the makeup process.
I used setting spray that is designed to be used as a bit of a primer. It's called Black Radiance long lasting setting spray. It claims it can be used as a primer and a setting spray. Again, this is my first time so I can't say much about the validity of this. I just got it as a cheap thing to know how this whole process works. As far as I can tell, which is not very far, it did its job on both accounts.
Next was Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream for oily skin. BB Cream is pretty multitalented. I feel like most people would recommend using a dedicated foundation instead of this or using both. But hey, I don't know what I'm talking about and this worked for me. I still haven't ordered makeup brushes. As such, I just kind of took a finger or two to rub the stuff in. It probably looks a little trashy to an expert but I think it worked out really well. One side note of advice: check and see which skin type your BB cream is made for before you order it. I goofed on this one. I honestly don't even remember if my skin constitutes as oily. It probably doesn't. Do some more research before you pull the trigger on something like this. It's actually important.
Next up: Covergirl Smoothers concealer stick. I'm not sure how much of this stuff to use but after I put this over the BB cream I was like "ah fuck, now we're doing makeup, bitch!"
As soon as I could after that, I spritzed on more setting spray. This is where I feel like I don't know what I'm doing the most. It kind of wet down some of the stuff I laid down so much that it kind of fell off. Weirdly, I just kind of rubbed the stuff in again and it was fine. I just wasn't expecting that. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong. In any case, I let that do its thing for a few seconds and then sent some video/pics to my friends.

All of the items I mentioned are relatively cheap except for the CeraVe lotion. That lotion will last you a long-ass time though so I recommend that above anything else here. Also, I'm enby and probably won't go for anything too fancy anyway. That is to say, everything mentioned here is probably pretty great for newly-hatched trans girls or other people wanting to go all out with pretty makeup. I don't know jack about that but I wish you luck anyway. These products I mentioned should be a good starting point though.

CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Normal to Dry Skin
Black Radiance Long Lasting Setting Spray
Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream for Oily Skin (though I probably should have got one for normal skin)
Covergirl Smoothers Moisturizing Concealer Stick
Black Radiance Long Lasting Setting Spray again
Get some form of makeup remover or you will fuck your face up

There ya go. I probably won't post too many makeup posts because it isn't my forte. I would not be in the least bit surprised if this is the last makeup post I ever make. However, researching this for myself has been kind of a pain in the ass. Most of the articles and YouTube stuff you can find on this sort of thing, though informative and perhaps adorable, is useful for the same reasons it's overwhelming. These people have done this a million times over. Today, literally day one, no idea what the fuck I'm doing, and I got results I liked. You can do this too and you can probably get everything you need to start out for less than $50, shipping included. Do it. Look luvly.